Tuesday, June 26, 2018

New skirts, old hair

Hair first...I've decided to try growing out my hair one more time, as the new routine is still working.  Even on second-day hair, all I do is spray on more dry shampoo, and it looks good.  I use Batiste brand beautiful brunette.  I tried the Pantene brand dry shampoo, but it simply didn't do as good a job.  I'm trying to not get my hopes up; I've been down this road so many times before.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jumping up & down for joy in my head.  We'll see how it goes.  Just for reference, my last trim was May 30th.  (I just realized, I've been letting my hair grow for a month now! LoL)

I love wearing skirts!  I don't wear them for religious reasons, although I do believe women should dress modestly and be as feminine as possible.  Just a few years ago, I got on a kick of wearing maxi skirts, but now they just don't seem to suit me anymore.  I feel as if I look frumpy in maxi skirts, which does not equal feminine.  No, I've found that knee length looks much better on me, and I scored big time at my local Sears store last week.  Actually, I went to Sears as I needed to use 20,000+ rewards points before the end of the month; I was hoping to find a bathrobe.  (Would you believe they had NONE?  Boy, Sears has really gone downhill since I was a kid.)  No robes, however they had a heckuva sale on skirts.  Well, I couldn't pass that up; I had only one knee length skirt in my wardrobe.  All told, I bought 4 skirts and 4 tops.  After I utilized the $20 in rewards points, I ended up paying $84.21--regular price on those items would have cost me $202...quite a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment