Thursday, April 12, 2018

Helper Hair

Helper hair, a.k.a. WIGS!!!

So, it's been a few months since my last post, January to be exact.  Um, yeah, so basically I got tired of trying to make my poor, thin hair look decent** every morning, and I bought a topper.  Go here and you'll find an example.  
I used a topper before, about 6 years ago, but threw it away when my granddaughter was born.  I was at a point where (a) I needed to buy a new one, because those things don't last forever, and (b) I was afraid wearing a piece would send a negative body image to my granddaughter.  But I'm at a point now where I'm tired of feeling sad, and angry, and depressed about the top of my hair.  This is what it looks like:

My granddaughter is now 5 years old, and smart as a whip, so I'm pretty sure she can handle me wearing helper hair because it makes me feel better about myself.  Here's what the topper looks like:
(Please excuse the office bathroom supply shelf in the background. LoL)  It appears shorter than in reality because I have the longer bits tucked behind my ears, as I normally do with bio hair.  Also, I just ordered two full wigs earlier this morning, both in different styles and different colors.  Listen, I'm not trying to keep my wig-wearing a secret.  It's time to have fun with this hair thing!!  With wigs, I can finally achieve the different styles that were never an option with my bio hair, plus I can be a different color every day, if I want.  I mean, celebrities (female AND male) wear wigs, toppers, and extensions all the time, even if you don't realize they do; why shouldn't I? 

Now, I still intend to continue growing out my length, at least for a while.  I'm not sure I'll go beyond shoulder length, as it might affect how the wigs fit.  And wearing a wig doesn't mean you can ignore your natural hair; on the contrary, it still needs TLC.  Oh, speaking of my natural hair, I switched back to using Pantene products, as the Organix shampoo contained too much paraffin for my fine texture.

**Not even to the "good" level, just decent.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found some amazing wig inspiration here! If you're looking to explore more styles and quality wigs, feel free to check out https://myparfait.com/. We're passionate about delivering a diverse range to suit every style. Happy wig shopping!"

    ReplyDelete